Friday, March 23, 2007

SVM 3/11/06 - Game day Tactics

The tactics that I used were not to complex. I'm mainly going to talk about the ones I used first half as for reasons I don't want to get into or discuss. My team, nor myself was not bringing their A game. Anyways I split my team into two main groups at first to make two large pushes. I had half the team go to the cotton club and the other half of the team move along the right side of the field to try to attack the bootlegger. I knew that If we could secure the bootlegger and the cotton club right off the bat we could earn some fast easy points.

Once the team had the cotton club under control I told them to advance along the left tape line and try to bottle-neck capone's forces. I figured that naturally they would retreat and try to hold king of the hill giving my team the tactical advantage. Since paintballers are drawn to fire fights if I had a big one going on over there players who should be going to defend the bootleggers and their base were drawn to king of the hill.

The other fire team was supposed to move along the right line past the jail and to the bootleggers. At the first part of the game they got held up yet eventually managed to break through. After I got them over into the field they managed to capture the non-defended red fort and hold it with resistance the whole game. 3 kids held it till the last 45 minutes and than one kid held it for the last 30.

With about an hour and 30 minutes in the game one of the dirty cops tried to hold me hostage but we point blanked him and told him he could have half my money if he killed capone... he did and than stayed on my team for the rest of the game. I think I lucked out and he wanted to be on my team anyways so he really didn't care.

With about an hour left in the game we held all of the objectives on the field and they ended up re-spawning at the big dead zone. They eventually pushed tommy-z out of the cotton club and got up the hills to the pines. I Kept sending re-enforcements where they were needed and with 20 minutes left in the game I called back all the VIPs to my head quarters and told my right side attack team to move into the base while having the guys on the left stop the advancement from the cotton club.

We ended up keeping all the objectives but the cotton club at the end of the first half.

If I had to say the most important things in my strategy...

1. Knowing the field in advance
2. Keeping in contact ONLY with my VIPs
3. When people came back to the base I would ask them whats going on in the field, and where they died so I could know where to send them.

Yet there were a few non-traditional methods I used.

1. Motivation - with walk on’s you need to try your best to keep everyone happy and wanting to work for you.
2. Encouragement - I was giving away free paint and telling people they were doing a good job.
3. Feedback - I made sure to ask everyone what they thought was the best plan of action so they knew that they were important to me, and that made them more willing to work for me.


Any questions? The first half the score was something like 5000 to 600.

No comments: